20.1.13

Getting Fine and Having Good Days

I am getting fine. I am currently staying away from any extra activities with my organizations. The result is good. I really enjoy my time. I study for my final semester examinations. I have finished five subjects from seven subjects. I have never been this focus before. I used to get many distraction from other routines beside studying.  I hope the result will be enough to uplift my scores for this semester. In my spare time, I would go to my campus library. I read books there. I borrow more books from the library,  take them home, and I read them.

Including in my reading lists are: Accounting Theory, Budaya Indonesia, two Academic Writing guide books, and a Developing Management Skills book. Accounting Theory is a big book which talks about the comprehensive theory of Accounting. It is not a practical book like most of books and subjects I have finished in my class, but give a scientific explanation about Accounting. One of the interesting fact is that the finding of double-entry book keeping is a start of capitalism in the world. It is the start of the people’s awake about assets and growing the capital. Accounting science has given a light to a fast growing world of commerce and economy overall.
IMG01276-20130120-0242
my reading corner
The book of Accounting Theory has changed how I see Accounting. Before reading the book, I thought that Accounting is only a set of skills, but now I realize that Accounting is a science. This made me more excited to finish the book and get more books on Accounting theory, and its derivative topics like financial management, capital management, budgeting, and investment

IMG01274-20130120-0242
Budaya Indonesia book is written by an archeologist. The book chapter I am currently reading talks about Hindu-Buddha temples in Indonesia. It’s interesting. Developing Management skills is a book that I have been trying to finish for almost two semesters. If you are interested to be a more efficient and effective person, you should pick this book at the library. I have covered about thirty percent of the contents of the books. I took Academic Writing books because I am preparing to write my scientific writing outline for my college. It’s a reference for me in preparing my final assignment: writing my field report. Next June, I will have an ‘internship’ in Badan Pemeriksa Keuangan (BPK) Perwakilan Provinsi Sulawesi Selatan in Makassar. It will be a month long. I will need to read more books and reference to prepare my topics of study related to my ‘internship’ in BPK. I thni the topics will be narrowed to government auditing topics.
I understand that I need to improve my accounting skills and get to know more about accounting science. I can’t wait to finish these 5 books and then borrow other books. Wish me luck to keep focus.

I enjoy more time for religious moments. I am doing my prayer more punctually, and more time to think about my life in Islam perspective. In my religious reflection, I have to improve myself to live fully-guided by Islam. This gives me such a peaceful feeling. This is a call from my heart. I am meant to be here, in this world, to do my role as a Muslim. Keeping in my religious routine makes me feel content and it is the best feeling.

As a set of my entertainment, I got Toro y Moi, Broken Social Scene, Body Language, John Mayer, Trapped in Kansas, Five for Fighting, and Tohpati in my music playlist.

I wish to have more time for studying. I want to have a peaceful feeling everyday, far from stressful life. I am doing my final year in STAN and I want to make the best of it to deserve a honor as an accounting graduate.

STAN

I wish you a great day :)
¾