15.2.15

A Postcard from Jakarta

Bustling city (13/02)

I have been working for a week in another new office: KPPN Jakarta II. It’s the 7th office I attended for my On the Job Training at DJPB. On Monday morning, I woke up and I heard the sound of heavy rain outside. I walked trough the rain with my right holding an umbrella, pacing up my way to get to station. When I reached the office, the rain has not stopped yet as I wished. The rain didn’t stopped until evening. Water was everywhere and the parking lot of KPPN Jakarta II suddenly became a river. It was flooding in Jakarta. After some battles with chaotic train schedule due to the monsoon, I finally managed to reach my room at 9 PM.

The Junction performing on the stage (10/02)

On Tuesday, I attended a cheerful performance of The Junction, an a cappella group from Netherland, at Erasmus Huis. It’s exhilarating. I like it when they covered Don’t Worry Be Happy song by Bobby McFerrin. They asked us, the audience to sing aloud with them. It’s such a high feeling to sing your favorite song with the band and the others. 

Mother of Dream at IFI (13/02)

‘In oneself lies the whole world and if you know how to look and learn, then the door is there and the key is in your hand. Nobody on earth can give you either the key or the door to open, except yourself’ – Krishnamurti (from Zen Explorations in Remotest New Guinea by Neville Shulman, page 83).

When we are brave enough to face the days await for us, we can reap the happiness. I feel content with what I had had this week. I feel powerful when I wake up from my bed and excited enough to get to my office. I feel energized. I don’t know what came over me, but I am feeling good trough the entire week.

¾