12.2.16

À Balikpapan

The good looking red cap

I put on a red cap that my cousin, Iva, bought for me. It’s a simple thing but I am so happy to have that good-looking cap (again). I had the same cap but I lost it in the trip to Derawan. The speedboat cruised extra fast that the wind blew my cap away to the sea. I was sad. I like the cap very much. I felt like I had lost a friend. I bought it from National Geographic flagship store in Balikpapan’s airport. During the trip, I can't stop thinking about the red cap that I had lost. That’s why I am so happy to have one again. Thanks, Iva, for buying me a new one. I can’t stop smiling afterward. Beside the cap, I accidentally left a short pant in Maratua Island.

Me and Otu

Otu and friends

If you look carefully, Otu was in my bag. It is an adorable monkey doll. In our trip in Derawan, we exchanged gifts. I received a book from Dewi, another book from Andre, a neck pillow from Tony, a trendy clock from Dhini, and a photo frame from Mumus. Guess what I gave as gifts? A doll like Otu. Each Depsos team members now have the same doll like Otu. They’re named Cimo, Kiki, Okoth, Minho, and Moca. Cimo belongs to Dhini and lives in Samarinda. Kiki belongs to Dewi and lives in Bintaro. Okoth belongs to Tony and lives in Sampit. Minho belongs to Andre and lives in Central Jakarta. And Moca belongs to Mumus and enjoys living in Jakarta. 

Otu

Otu

A comfortable and clean city

Balikpapan is a comfortable and clean city. Impressive. Unlike other cities in this country, it’s hard to find rubbish. The government and the citizens keep their city clean. Traffic jams also doesn’t exist in Balikpapan. I thank Kak Lina and family  for having me for four days in Balikpapan. I first came to Balikpapan in 2010. I had admission test for UGM at that time. I stayed for two weeks in Balikpapan for that test. I have always wanted to go back to Balikpapan. A Unnu, Fitri, Cica, and Reyhan have always asked me when I will visit Balikpapan again. And I am happy I could make it this year to Balikpapan. We went to cinema, go out for a walk, and watched sunset in Kumala Beach. I hope to come back again soon. And I also hope to see my Balikpapan family soon in family reunion this year in our hometown, Enrekang, South Sulawesi.

Balikpapan

Memories

I flew back to Makassar with Iva on Thursday, February 11. I had an intensive melancholic feeling. I met my good old friends. I met my family there. I think about my friends in other cities that I have not met for months or years. They’re in my head like a tape of memories. I miss them.

IMG_7840


¾