6.7.16

A 366-Days Project

I turned 25 years old last May 15th. I recently have bought an instax camera that time, and I got an idea to start a photo a day project with the camera. Actually, taking a photo a day is easy for me, because I always take pictures, almost everyday. I have an innate urge to document my life with photos. But this one appears to be a bit difficult. I am taking a photo a day with an Instax Wide camera. It’s a huge camera. I bring it almost everywhere I go to anticipate a good moment to capture for the day. It’s quiet an effort to take the camera with me. Another thing…it is an analog, so the print that comes out the camera is final. So, I have to be really careful. 

And when I say a photo a day, it’s literally a photo a day, just one photo. So, I allow myself to take only one photo with the instax camera. Sometimes, I really regret this set rule, because not everyday I can take good picture. Sometimes, I got a very dark wasted picture. But, that teaches me to appreciate whatever I get for the day. 

This project started on May 15th 2016 and it will end on May 15th 2017. A year around project!

I have been traveling to many places since the birthday, the day I started this project. And here’re the seven first photos from the project. 

001/366

001/366

The first photo! I took a selfie with the help of a mirror. I have carefully calculated the portrait but then the flash was on automatically, and the well-lit room I was in turned dark. But you can see me smiling there if you look carefully.

002/366

002/366

I took this photo at Dawn, it’s supposed to exhibit a view of crowded traffic in an intersection in Jakarta, in a good light, but the flash was automatically on again.

003/366

003/366

Finally met Zakris again, after our trip in Tebing Keraton, Bandung, last year. Always a good time to see your old buddy.

004/366

004/366

Jakarta’s Thamrin street. There are two people standing in the traffic light, a man and a woman, but the photo turned out dark, so we can’t see them. If only the flash was not on that time.

005/366

005/366

At IFI Jakarta lobby. Watched a french film, Camille Redouble, there. 

006/366

006/366

He’s my friend, Dzimar, from KPPN Sorong. I asked him to let me try my skill at taking a portrait with an Instax. I have learned about the camera flash nature. And this one is a well-tuned photo! 

007/366 Soekarno Hatta Airport, Jakarta, Indonesia

007/366

I took this one in the airport. On my way back to Makassar, before flying to Manokwari. It’s actually a nice photo.

¾