26.11.16

Recent Happenings

I am sitting in a cafè in Manokwari. Maybe this is the fanciest cafè in this city. And I have been here in almost every weekend nowadays. I am sorry about the last sentence, maybe quite improper according to grammar. But I have been back to my French grammar drilling, and as you can see on my attached photo below I had that French Schaum’s Outline grammar book under my notebook. I just finished studied that time. My instax wide camera had just arrived from Jakarta. I had it fixed. Something went wrong with the lens mechanism. The lens would not come out every time I set it on. Now it works again and I can take a picture with my instax wide. 

So I have been back to my French study. Though I am not as keen as I am in 2014 or 2015. I studied everyday back then. But I am brushing it up again. I am busy conjugating French verbs. I have been also running every afternoon since a month ago. There’s this great running track uphill. I got a nudge after a particular experience and it inspired me to not even waste a single day as a gratitude to the life God has given to me. I can’t describe it completely here. But I got inspired to stick to whatever goals I am making. And I tried hard to keep on the balance. I tried to stick with my to-do lists.

I might sound so random in this post. The point is... this year, nothing but my-holidays really count. I wake up to work. Back to my room to sleep. And wake up again to work again in the another day. It’s not very special when you are caught in a rut. And I am resolute that even in the most ordinary days I should do something that adds to my future. And studying and running are just few of things I can do to make me not miss a day in life. And I always want to write to this blog. 

I moved to my office housing which located in my office backyard in last January. And I am moving again next month. I and my roommate have been planning to move since last July. This month, in a very ordinary day and very ordinary morning, he came to me and told me that he’s got a room in a rooming house not very far from my head office house. So, it’s time to move this time. I was thinking about moving next year, on January. We have been searching for a house to rent in this city, but we got none. There’s only one vacant room in the house, so I am moving away next month. I wait for another resident to move from the rooming house and I am gonna move in. Pardonnez moi, these sentences are not articulate. The important thing is that I am writing my updates in this blog, no matter how unclear I might sound this time. 

my desk

My desk for studying or making good plans, or just to put things on it

 

I must make a way to make my days more interesting. Or maybe two or three ways. Back to the days I was in college, I was a man with dreams. Now I think I might have stuck in a comfort zone. I think that most of the times or days, I just let the days pass by without accomplishing anything. Maybe I will make a poetry everyday to make a day counts.

I hope good readers can understand how I am feeling this moment. I think the song Nothing Lasts Forever by The Echo and The Bunnymen can sum up how I am feeling.

Screen Shot 2016 11 26 at 11 08 55 PM

Lyrics from that song

¾